All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Share this page:
 Post subject: Spouses in the hereafter & the concept of 'Hoor al-ayn'
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:56 pm 

Salam

I wanted to make this topic to know and understand what the Qur'an say's about spouses in the hereafter.
Am I correct to say a God fearing couple who live their lives according to the way Allah wanted and were righteous, if granted Jannah, will get to be in Jannah together?

This makes me question marriages that are not very stable. Marriages that consists of continuous arguments and domestic violence. Though the couple may be married all their life but do not have a good marital relationship. Other than the bad relationship the couple still have strong belief in God and are practising i.e pray their obligatory prayer, give charity to the poor, observe obligatory fasts and do good for the sake of Allah. Your probably thinking if a god-fearing person was in a bad relationship they would try to solve it or leave it, especially if it was affecting their beliefs/spirituality and making them sin. But this is just a scenario that can happen lol. Also if such couples sincerely asked for forgiveness and changed themselves Allah may grant them paradise.
So, getting to my point... If such a couple entered Jannah, would they be together?

Now for the concept of 'hoor al- ayn' which I do not understand. Allah created these women as maids of paradise right? Does Allah tell us in the Qur'an that a man who enters Jannah can marry hoor al ayn? So can someone explain the whole concept to me please.
I hope you guys can help me understand this topic and I hope others benefit from it too.

Post subject: Re: Spouses in the hereafter & the concept of 'Hoor al-ayn'
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:19 pm 
'Alaikum AsSalaam.

The foremost thing I am going to say is please do some self-research on this topic because by Allah, if you ask more than one person, you will receive more than one answer ^_^

I am no scholar, but I will share what I was able to grasp, so please feel free to correct me. Now, will the couple be together in the Jannah after having lived all their lives in this world stuck on each other? The answer is, it's their choice. Allah promises to grant us what-so-ever we desire in there according to various Surahs. That means if I ever wish to transform into a Super Saiyan, I shall be granted my wish! Joke, there will be no violence in the hearts. But you get my point. If the couple wants to live separately, they shall do so. If just one of them wants to be together, that is as well possible for Allah.

It's hard to imagine when you say domestic violence and righteousness at the same time. If a couple argues and fights for the sake of Allah, they are rewarded. If someone practices domestic violence, they will be answerable.

About Hoor al-'Ain... again, it's a choice as far as I understand. Watch Sheikh Assim al-'Hakeem speak about the maidens of the Paradise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPrmcQ_xgY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:57 am 

Abid357 wrote:
I am no scholar

About Hoor al-'Ain... again, it's a choice as far as I understand. Watch Sheikh Assim al-'Hakeem speak about the maidens of the Paradise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gPrmcQ_xgY

First of all, there is no such thing as scholar in God's law. That title is being held by men who only love themselves and not God.

Secondly, there is no such things as sex maidens in heavens or geisha's or whatever derogatory term others might want to label the attendants in heaven. They all come from hadith, the idea of hoors being sexual gifts

In the quran, they are described as attendants- no speficic gender is given to them. As god is against filthy things/beleifs, homosexuality, zina....etc, there is no way God will be accepting these in heaven.

The idea of hoors in the eyes of so called mullahs are that they are just sex slaves. No matter how they try to dress it up by talking about how see through their bone marrow is or how red their lips are, they are still lusting after a beauty they can never have.

As for that man in that video who says, "A woman can only love one man and a man can love many women...,"

A believing man has no such dirty thoughts of women so obviously he has no lustful thoughts of other female creatures. If we look at society, there is also women cheating on men and having multiple lovers so that claim is biased and wrong. They too have boyfriends whom they think they loved just as men who think they loved their past girlfriends. The word love is being used loosely in society these days.

Those who have multiple lovers (esp at the same time) are wrong and destroying the concept of soul-mates which Allah has granted as a blessing on mankind. (for existing monogamous couples)

"So it is, and We married them to wonderful companions." (44:54)

- notice the word them is used instead of men. Them- both men and women. The inhabitants of heaven will all be beautiful- even men will be stunning as promised in the Quran because they will be wonderful companions too. Everyone will have a spouse- that is a blessing of God.

It's not like a man will be reclining on sofas with multitude women by his side feeding him grapes and fanning him like a hip hop music video. That's a sight many heavily selfish men hold on this world.

Almost all the English quran translations have brackets in mentioning female hoors- that is because the translators are partial/biased and are hadith influenced. There are no brackets in the quran. No additions. Only a few say true to the quran like free-minds and Dr Laleh Bhaktiar's translation. One doesn't need to know arabic to figure out how God is like. It comes from the heart- when someone is clean and spiritually pure, they know what their maker is like. They know he is just, kind, merciful and benevolent.
It's another blessing Allah has given only to his believing servants who actually love and fear him rather than chasing material things in life which he thinks is more important.

Now many men who are sunni will say yes, there are hoors for men in heaven because that's what they want to believe. They want to think that God will give them Geishas. They claim to be honourable men and say that they deserve such female creatures PLUS having multiple human wives too that will be okay with it.

Here's what the Quran says about such men:

"Who is more wicked than he who invents lies about God, or denies His revelations? These will receive their recompense from the record; so that when Our messengers come to terminate their lives, they will say: "Where are those whom you used to call on besides God?" They said: "They have abandoned us!" And they bore witness upon themselves that they were rejecters." (7:37)

God never supports injustice. And God has also mentioned this:

"And from His signs is that He created for you mates from yourselves that you may reside with them, and He placed between you affection and mercy. In that are signs for a people who reflect." (30:21)

This can only happen with a man and a woman who are faithful to each other.

Those men who disagree with the Quran and agree with hadith on this should remember, God knows whats in the hearts of everyone. There is no hiding- even if one deludes themselves. One might claim to be a good man (e.g. those scholars) but they are so deluded that Allah is simply "making their work look pleasing to them" just in this world as claimed in the Quran.

"As for he whose evil work is adorned for him so he sees it as being good; for God thus misguides whom He wills, and He guides whom He wills. So do not let yourself grieve over them. God is fully aware of what they are doing." (35:8)

TruthSeeker101 for this post (total 2):  StarryNight (Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:27 pm) • aqua (Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:41 am)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:08 am 

^ Above deals with the so called concept of "Heavenly Geishas".

To answer your question starry Night about disputing couples: It depends on them. Allah knows what they are like. If they were truly good then they will be admitted to heaven by God's grace.

If they wished to reunite, then God will make it happen. If not, that's okay.

The following members gave thanks to TruthSeeker101 for this post:  aqua (Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:42 am)
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]