All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Share this page:
 Post subject: AsSalaamu 'Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:17 pm 
AsSalaamu 'Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh.

First thing's first - I pray the good old sparklies somehow happen to visit this forum so they know it's up again bi-idhnillah. Years have passed by yet they are truly missed :)

Now, a little introduction. This is Abid Farhan from the UAE (Dubai as many call it). I am also an ex-member of the old forum and Sparkly Water was that one thing that took the course of my life to a different direction (in a good way of course). By Allah's Will, hoping to recreate the family I had lost but in good time. Keep crossfiring knowledge with other members and feel free to contact any of the old members such as myself for guidance / help regarding the forum ^_^

Post subject: Re: AsSalaamu 'Alaikum waRahmatullahi waBarakatuh
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Salam Abid, welcome back to the forum. This is your good old admin 'ameen' by the way :)

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:37 pm 
aqua wrote:
Salam Abid, welcome back to the forum. This is your good old admin 'ameen' by the way :)

Brother ameen I recognized you the moment I read your username ^_^

I have a few quick questions for you though mister; where's my old account eh? >.< Is there any chance of getting that back? Or the old posts from the previous forum? And last question: can we please have the old forum interface back?

Alhamdulillah the excitement in me is naturally occurring. This site has some "magic!"

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

Abid357 wrote:
I have a few quick questions for you though mister; where's my old account eh? >.< Is there any chance of getting that back? Or the old posts from the previous forum?

I considered getting the old accounts/posts here but this is using a new forum software, so I decided against importing from an old database which can cause errors and be inaccurate. Also, it may be better to start afresh as many old members may not remember their login details and end up creating duplicate accounts.

Quote:
And last question: can we please have the old forum interface back?

The software used for this forum is completely different, and in my opinion better, than the one used for the previous forum. If you use it for a while, I think you will get the hang of it.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:22 pm 
aqua wrote:

I considered getting the old accounts/posts here but this is using a new forum software, so I decided against importing from an old database which can cause errors and be inaccurate. Also, it may be better to start afresh as many old members may not remember their login details and end up creating duplicate accounts.

The software used for this forum is completely different, and in my opinion better, than the one used for the previous forum. If you use it for a while, I think you will get the hang of it.

I understand. The site requires lots of work don't you agree? For example to begin with, I suggest we have the home button on the left hand side for convenience. Are you going to make a thread for such technical suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Abid357 wrote:
I understand. The site requires lots of work don't you agree? For example to begin with, I suggest we have the home button on the left hand side for convenience. Are you doing to make a thread for such technical suggestions?

Personally, I don't think the Home button being on the right should cause significant inconvenience, although you might expect it to be on the left at first. It's just a matter of design and knowing where to click. In terms of work on the website, I consider the design to be complete but I plan to add short articles in the 'Articles' section about misconceptions on verses of the Qur'an.

For site suggestions, I would prefer if you PM me directly or use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of this website.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:32 pm 

Salam Abid!!!

Im an old sparkly, just got a diff username ;) See if you can guess who i am (dont use my name on here) loool PM me ;P Nice to see you on here man!
Hope all is well insha'Allah

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:56 pm 
StarryNight wrote:
Salam Abid!!!

Im an old sparkly, just got a diff username ;) See if you can guess who i am (dont use my name on here) loool PM me ;P Nice to see you on here man!
Hope all is well insha'Allah

Lol hmm hmm hmm judging from my personal observation on your few posts so far, I think my guess should be correct. Do the initials of "South Africa" fit those of your full name?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 12:09 am 

Abid357 wrote:
Lol hmm hmm hmm judging from my personal observation on your few posts so far, I think my guess should be correct. Do the initials of "South Africa" fit those of your full name?

I think that's a bit too obvious -_- what a 'bandur' man!

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 11:50 pm 
StarryNight wrote:
I think that's a bit too obvious -_- what a 'bandur' man!

Lol give me some credit now. The last conversation we had was ages back, and I am a guy :|

Bandurs aside, how are things down your end? Oh oh what's your major?

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]